Rowing and cycling are widely recognized as two of the best activities for fitness and strength. Rowing is an efficient, total-body workout, while cycling focuses on the lower body and aerobic capacity. Get both of these high-effectiveness, low-impact exercises with the Stamina(r) Conversion II(r) recumbent bike/rower.
Rowing and cycling are widely considered two of the best all-around activities for cardiovascular fitness and strength, and now you can enjoy both workouts in a single device with the deluxe Conversion II recumbent bike/rower. Rowing is an efficient total body workout that uses all the major muscle groups, including the legs, arms, shoulders, abdominals, and buttocks. It's also one of the best exercises for building a strong back, as well as one of the most effective low-impact aerobic exercises for people who want to increase their metabolisms and burn more calories without hurting their joints. Stationary cycling, meanwhile, is also a terrific low-impact cardiovascular exercise, with a routine that focuses on all the major muscles in your hips, thighs, and buttocks.
The Conversion II looks like a standard rower, with a molded, adjustable foam-padded seat and seat back, rotating rowing pedals, and an extruded aluminum rowing beam. However, the seat also doubles as a recumbent bike seat that supports your lower back while you ride, with foot straps holding your feet securely in place as you pedal. And that's not all, as the Conversion II also offers options for working your upper body--including such exercises as bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, and forearm curls--along with a resistance cord that attaches under the seat for light leg presses.
Other details include eight levels of smooth, quiet magnetic resistance; a multifunction electronic monitor with a large LCD display that tracks speed, distance, time, calories burned, and pulse; sturdy steel construction; a hand-pulse sensor built into the grips to measure heartbeats per minute; a weight capacity of 250 pounds; wheels for easy transport; and a folding frame for quick, effortless storage. The Conversion II measures 74.5 by 25.5 by 10 inches (W x H x D) and weighs 105 pounds.
- Doubles as a recumbent bike and a rower
- Additional upper body strengthening exercises including bicep curls, triceps kickbacks, forearm curls and more
- Attach the resistance cord under the seat for light leg presses
- 8 levels of smooth, quiet magnetic resistance, deluxe housing
- Multi-function electronic monitor is built into the housing for a sleeker design with a larger LCD display for easier reading
- Electronic monitor keeps you motivated by tracking speed, distance, time, calories burned, and pulse
- Molded foam-padded seat and seatback
- Rotating rowing pedals
- Foot straps on all pedals hold feet securely in place
- Extruded aluminum rowing beam
- Sturdy steel construction
- Wheels for portability
- Folds for storage
- Hand pulse sensor built into grips to measure heart beats per minute